I’m a journalist
As a journalist, I listen to you, ask questions to clarify your goals, pull together all the sources of information needed, and condense these many details into a coherent text.
This article will help you understand the importance of my journalism training and experience: Ten Reasons You Should Hire a Journalist. In summary:
- Journalists improve the writing, photography, or design in your organization.
- Journalists deliver on deadline.
- Journalists are multitaskers.
- Journalists are quick studies.
- Journalists are critical thinkers.
- Journalists get answers faster than most.
- Journalists know how to use the Web.
- Journalists have a great work ethic.
- Journalists have a solid moral compass.
- Journalists are loyal.
I specialize in:
Case studies, success stories, profiles, bios
- Show potential customers how satisfied your current customers are
- Highlight your staff and other important people in your business with descriptive profiles
Keep in mind: Your company success stories inspire your employees, too. They can see that what they do makes a difference in the lives of other people — a difference far beyond company profit.
I also write:
- Articles (without or with a byline — yours or mine)
- Newsletter copy
- Copy targeted at readers of English as a second language
My writing has appeared in many places in print and online, including the following:
- active4life (newsletter)
- Glendale (Calif.) News-Press
- Health Kick (London) (magazine)
- Hill Country News (Cedar Park, Tex.)
- L.A. Weekly
- Los Angeles Times
- MetriTech (as writer of English as a Second Language reading passages and test items)
- Microsoft technical documentation
- Montana Woman (magazine)
- Puget Sound Business Journal (Seattle)
- Rural Montana (magazine)
- Salvation Army (Austin, Tex.) blog
- Seaside (Ore.) Signal
- Seattle Times
- Seattle Weekly
- Sunday Oregonian
- United Press International (London office)
- Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (newsletter)
Mary combines an extraordinarily sharp mind with diligence, strong organizing skills, and clear, precise writing.
~ Martin Burns, Senior Producer, KCET News Los Angeles
How I can help you
Let’s talk, and together we can figure out how to communicate your clearest message.
Free initial consultation
Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org