As a journalist, I listen to you, ask questions to clarify your goals, pull together all the sources of information needed, and condense these many details into a coherent text.
As an editor, I search for just the right word and place it in just the right place. I know how words should flow grammatically, but I also know when to break rules to make your message unique. Being an editor also means I am detail-oriented and consistent with spelling and terminology.
Don’t forget your global audience
Your customers can be anywhere in the world. Using my experience with globalization and writing for English-as-a-Second Language learners, I create text that is understood across a wide international audience.
Your audience deserves the best you can give them.
Your readers, your customers, want to know your story. Tell it with clarity, tell it with style.
I specialize in:
Case studies, success stories, profiles, bios
- Show potential customers how satisfied your current customers are
- Highlight your staff and other important people in your business with descriptive profiles
Keep in mind: Your company success stories inspire your employees, too. They can see that what they do makes a difference in the lives of other people — a difference far beyond company profit.
My writing has appeared in many places in print and online, including the following:
- active4life (newsletter)
- Glendale (Calif.) News-Press
- Health Kick (London) (magazine)
- Hill Country News (Cedar Park, Tex.)
- L.A. Weekly
- Los Angeles Times
- MetriTech (writing English as a Second Language reading passages and test items)
- Microsoft technical documentation
- Montana Woman (magazine)
- Puget Sound Business Journal
- Rural Montana (magazine)
- Salvation Army (Austin, Tex.) blog
- Seaside (Ore.) Signal
- Seattle Times
- Seattle Weekly
- Sunday Oregonian
- United Press International (London office)
- Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (newsletter)
I will help you communicate your clearest message.
Contact Mary at email@example.com
Proud graduate of Casey Hibbard’s Case Study Writer’s Mad Skills Crash Course.